With a free hpi car status check you can find out plenty about the car's past and determine if it's worth or not to buy that car.
So, here are a few advantages of a car status check.
- First of all, you can find out if the car has been scrapped or rebuilt, or at least some of its important parts replaced. Knowing this about the car you want to purchase, you gain a card to play in the game of negotiating the price.
- You can find out who the previous owners were. If you purchase the car from a used cars retailer, you can just call the previous owner and ask them one or two questions about the car, before negotiating the price.
- Mileage history is something that a car status check service provider can find out for you. Of course, the mileage on the odometer has to coincide to the one in the papers, but those numbers can always be forged.
- A car status check will also let you know whether the car has been repainted or it's still with its original paintwork. This information may be useful especially if you purchase the car from a private owner. So, if the car has been repainted, you should ask them why.
- Plate change history is also something that you can find out through a car history check. Therefore, you would be able to ask additional questions to the dealer or to the owner, about the reasons behind the plates replacement.
- You can learn if the car has been written-off, or all the data regarding its finance check.
- A car check is usually cheap, in UK shouldn't rise above £20 and in US above $30.
- Last but not least, you can find out if a certain car was reported stolen or has been subject to a police investigation. I'm sure this will change things